View Single Post
Old 04-06-20, 06:10 PM   #131
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

You created the jpg link behind the log-in, and it is "private". I cannot remember off the top of my head about DropBox, since it's kind of automatic with me anymore, but you create the link from the "Share", then "create" the link, then "copy" the link. It will then tell you the file was private and has been made public for the share... I think... - oldfahrtbrain here...

In the meantime, what kind of Silent Hunter do you have? Steam, UPlay, Amazon, Disk, etc? Besides the "Run as administrator", have you tried the "Compatibility" mode and the "High DPI" settings? I am on a Windows 7 machine right now, and it would not do me any good to tell you the names I see, but they are from the same "Properties" page for the SH4.exe file you did for the "Administrator" tick box.

Also, any recent Windows updates? Any recent Steam updates? Any recent UPlay updates? I have had all three on my Windows 10 laptop (that the wife is on at this moment), one of those three updates have trashed my Silent Hunter installs - all of them. This includes SH3, SH4 & SH5. I do have SH5 (Steam) back up and running TWoS, I do have SH4 back up and running (UPlay) with FotRSU, though I have not tried any other copies of that for other mods I use. I also can get one copy of my Steam SH3 going. As soon as I try to get a 2nd going, it will trash the first. Very frustrating, and I am hoping they have not changed the licensing agreement after my purchase, but they do say "... subject to change without notice..." in the UA... Anyway, let us know what you have!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote