Thread: Ok I Gave Up.
View Single Post
Old 02-21-24, 04:30 PM   #6
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
Not sure your mod set up and regardless I noticed at times doing lifeguard duty they'll float onto land as they do in the sea. Seems it's more just rescuing downed pilots without a mission, which if you use mods and hang around where planes attack enemy shipping, often you can pick up several downed pilots. Anyways, if you're not using a mod like TMO you need to go for it. Some say wait awhile cuz it's harder, but it fixes so much and gives you a much better game, including visual aspects. You got to learn the aspects of a mod anyway, so the soon the better.
you make some good points: many of non-patrol missions in Stock 1.5 are not setup for success. Photo missions without targets to photo...lifeguard missions where survivors are not properly defined, for example.
mega-mods such as TMO (Ducimus) and FOTRSU have fixed those missions such that you have a chance at completing them successfully.

now...having said that, i would not take on either of those mods without first surviving a few careers with Stock or GFO because they require more experience and skill to survive and be successful than Stock/GFO. otherwise, a new player gets frustrated just trying to survive all of the aircraft or detection and assault from the lethal DE's.

...and i would not move to the advanced mods just for photo or lifeguard missions, either.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10

Last edited by KaleunMarco; 02-21-24 at 10:29 PM.
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote