View Single Post
Old 06-05-20, 03:27 PM   #1206
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
I am in the Gato out of Perth/Fremantle still in mid-1944. In port every new load out is all Mark 10’s. Also, at this late date in the war my AA is still the .50 machine gun. I should have at least a twin 20mm, if not a Bofors by now, don’t you think?

And as for the “captured tanker I reported earlier, the visual with or without the docks doesn’t matter. Those searchlights point at the tanker either way. I wasn’t complaining. I was pointing out what I think is a cool event.
Here is a follow up after my last patrol. Still in the Gato, I left Perth/Fremantle on June1, 1944 to patrol the area near the Gulf of Siam, claimed 60,800 tons of shipping and warships, and returned on July 13 (medal awarded July 12). While in port I gave out medals and promotions, but when I went to finally upgrade my AA gun I found no options available. That plus the full torpedo loadout was for Mark 10's. I tried to attach pictures but can never get them small enough. Frustrating there too.

Next patrol is to sail on 8/6. Grrr. What do I have to do to at least be able to add a 20mm AA gun? Are you sure the files are set correctly?

I'm ok with it if that's the way you want the mod to be, but I'm spoiled by previous editions letting me get a 40mm, maybe even a twin 40mm. Sigh.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote