View Single Post
Old 05-02-20, 06:23 PM   #28
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
With regards to doing the ol' F1 key, with LSH3, doing so.. does not list anything about what uboats or surface resupply ships, are supposed to be available on such & such x date...

However, I shall see of looking up the en_help.txt file & see if it does indeed hold a list of the subs & surface ships assigned to handle resupply. Thank you for giving me a place to look, that I didn't think of or consider.

As for the surfaace ships with the fix, it states that you have to manually change them so that they read as like being the subs, but still being a surface ship.

From the section provided by h.sie on the u-tanker fix, pertanant part made red to point them out & slightly enlarged, so as to stand out from the rest of the section...

"This is from the LSH3-2015 HSIE manual

12. U-Tanker Mod (LSH)
Everyone complains that, when you dock at a U-tanker in mid-ocean, you lose all your current renown/tonnage for medal purposes, you get a full refuelling, full repairs, full torpedo load-out and you lose the patrol grid which BdU ordered. And then you start again from the tanker a month after you docked! (unless using SH3Patrol or SH3Commander). No longer! Now you 'pseudo-dock' at the U-tanker. When you are close enough, you press ESCAPE, then 'Exit Patrol', just as if you were planning to dock. However... when you are asked 'Continue mission' or 'Dock at U-463' (for example), you click on 'Continue Mission'!!! *Now* you get 1-4 air torpedoes (loaded only into the first 4 slots of the fore internal reserve - so make sure there is space enough!), you retain the patrol grid details, you receive some repairs to your hull-integrity (but not to equipment) and you receive a fuel upgrade, of up to 30% of the full capacity. Unlike conventional docking at a base, pseudo-docking is only possible if there is no 'heavy fog' and wind speed must be 10 m/s or less. After having (pseudo-)docked at an U-Tanker, you can (pseudo-)dock again after 2 weeks. Also, you can only pseudo-dock at U-tankers, not at surface tankers (e.g. Brake), nor at land bases. You can still choose to dock in the old way, if you wish. If you want this mod to also work with surface tankers, these must be renamed e.g. from "Brake" into "U-Brake" in the campaign files. (Fix by Stiebler and h.sie)

In short, from what I have gleaned means that the ''U-" needs added to the surface resupply ship names so as to facilitate making them act like the resupply uboats, yet retain their appearance as surface ships.
If they're not listed via the F1 key, they won't be in the help.txt file either; that is where the F1 key info. comes from.
Which is strange and leads to think the necessary files for the rest of the ships aren't in LSH, but not sure.

Regarding docking, I've docked at the ships without renaming them and followed the same procedure as with a u-tanker and had the same results as if I was at a u-tanker. Strange again. Though I've not done so in LSH, only other installs.