View Single Post
Old 09-23-10, 11:52 AM   #11
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Double R,

since I'm unaware of how to have one image that reflects both Metric and Imperial corrected distances when the "Authentic" option is set for the type of unit measurements used; lead on!!

Does it have something to do with scaling the image to a size that sits in the median between the two different image sizes? If one image can work correctly for both units of measurements I can see this as an advantage.

====================
EDIT:
I've looked at the "3000 Yard-Meter Bearing Tools (1280x960)" that you've referred to in your down loadable mods section. It's accurate if you use the "Authentic" units of measurements enabled in the game options (least it's accurate enough; it is off a bit when you measure to a line, the lines are greater in distance when compared to the ruler measurement) but, if you enable either the Metric or Imperial units of measurements neither one comes close to accurate. So, if you use the "Authentic" option you can be fairly close to what you need. Using the other two, you'll find you're off by 80 to 100 meters/yards depending on which unit of measurement you choose.

To be fair, the incorrect usage of one of my scaled editions will result in just as inaccurate a finding. If you set the "Authentic" option and use the "3000 Meter Bearing Tool (1280x)" for the American side of play you'll be no closer to an accurate reading than the result of your version. You would if you play the German side, but not the American. So, what's important is to use the correct edition for the correct game resolution you use AND, pair it up with the correct unit of measurements you use too.

Just remember if you play with the "Authentic" option, don't expect one of my 3000 Yard bearing versions to work when you play the German side, use a Meter version instead. (and don't expect the "3000 Yard-Meter Tools (1280x960)" mod to be accurate if you have anything other than the "Authentic" option enabled). I hope this doesn't get any more complicated than this!!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 09-23-10 at 02:20 PM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote