View Single Post
Old 02-20-10, 11:19 AM   #38
SparrowHawk
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBMAN1 View Post
Don't buy that stick, buy the real one (Trust me, you want it - I bought it specifically for this sim):

http://www.thrustmaster.com/product....1&PlatformID=5

Wow.... now that's a flight stick / hotas combo I can only dream of. My TM combo is the younger brother of this one. I'm not buying any other trash and until I can afford 180 Pounds Sterling for my 'Pro' gear the one I got will have to do.

By the way, I 'm at that stage also, but have manged some dogfight sorties with some success (and a lot of crashes). As far as landing goes, try touch and go like for 4-5 times in a row - or until you run out of fumes.

As you come in to land, say 200-300 feet off the Run way, at 100 feet above ground level, swith to HUD only mode (press 1). The focus should be on your Flt Path Marker, your AOA and rate of climb/descent. All too often I would flare just seconds before touch down and scrape my nozzel across the tarmac! The engine does not like that at all.......

Now, all I do is stay level and line up the zero horizontal with the horizon and level the FPM at just inside the runway...this is where you need your landing gear to gently kiss the tarmac . Easier said than done..... and I still crash but it's happening less frequently and touch & go gives you added confidence.

Hope this helps. Also need more help myself with Avionics/Radar (AA/AG).

Happy flying

SH
SparrowHawk is offline   Reply With Quote