View Single Post
Old 03-12-08, 11:24 AM   #7
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkbarGulag
Just so you know peabody. for a quick test, just chuck the american torpedo linkname on a plane and you will see the plane drops them.

The reason it MAY be worth testing on a ship like bismark, is because it is much longer than a submarine. For example, if the plane aims at the centre of the bismark, more of the forward area will cross the torpedo's path than a sumbarines would. BUT, if the planes miss a few time, you know not to waste time modifying thing to make it work. It either will or it won't

The one thing that will look cool in that scenario, is torpedo planes do not come in from height... they fly in VERY low. You can set them as low as 20 metres and no crashes. They also come in low from a long range, meaning you dont see them drop from the sky like other aircraft.
I don't know what you mean by "chuck the linkname"

And you misunderstood, I am not sinking the Bismark, I am recreating the Battle of the Bismark Sea in the Pacific, Japan was trying to resupply and reinforce it's troops on New Guinea.

I knew they came in low but wasn't sure how well the game would handle it. I have them set now for 40m which I think is too high, thanks for the info on 20m. I start them off high becuse they have to pass over some land and I don't know if there are mountains then I have them drop at a waypoint that I placed right at the edge of the sea. So by the time they reach the convoy they are low all the way in. My biggest problem is, I can hear them but I can't see them, so I don't know if they dropped the torps and missed or just didn't drop at all. And when I finally do see them they are too far away to tell if they have a torp or not.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote