View Single Post
Old 09-28-20, 04:29 PM   #6
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

It really does-You have done a splendid job.

As mentioned before I have this F/A-18E Super Hornet 1:32 and I have had this model for more than 5-6 years.

Already before i bought it I had plans for it...Paint should be water based=What a disaster, never again-So now I have bought lots and lots of paint brushes and oil based model paint(Humbrol)
So here is what i will do:
Paint the part(s) one time, then use some plastik to cover the brush, wait about 45 minutes, then paint the part(s) a second and last time and then through the paint brush away and so on.

I had plans on using Photo Etch for the first time-so I tried to watch as many videos about photo etch-seeing all these videos made my totally confused.

Getting the photo etch tools is a very long chapter in itself...Oh man
I can get some of the tools here in Denmark or Sweden.. but only one tool per hobby store.
I can get 2-3 photo etch tools from hobby shop in UK. So here I have to order from 2-3 different UK shops.
I could have searched for this in US based hobby stores-But here I have to pay customs duty, so if the tools cost me 100 Dollars I shall pay 100 dollars in customs duty.

So my F/A-18E Super Hornet will be build with only painted parts and decals.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote