View Single Post
Old 04-11-19, 11:48 AM   #11971
AKD
Watch

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonci87 View Post
You should start a campaign first, and then create a journal and change your hull number. This is because starting a campaign actually creates the necessary files. Do not worry, you can do this while on patrol.

Basically you should create a journal file, and then save and exit your game once you are well clear of the harbor and any shipping, and then launch KSD commander to see your hull number and make the changes in the Options File Editor Viewer.
Okay, I will try this procedure with a new campaign start.

Quote:
The real navigation position script is activated as long as you keep it activated. You can stop it at any time in the automation menu. You can also run multiple scripts together, but I would not advise to have the battlestation script running all the time. If will very quickly fill up your map with useless navmarks. This could have an impact on performance.
Only use it during an engagement, or while sneaking into a harbor. You can keep the regular position fix script active during that time.
Having both active seemed to block the normal automatic celestial fix, or ability to get a celestial by request, perhaps because each time the battlestations script has him start calculating a dead reckoning position, it interrupts a celestial fix, which I suppose makes sense, but even when I deactivated the battlestations script, I continued to have problems with getting a celestial.

Quote:
Do you want to have automatic targeting of ships? I can not help with that. I only play with manual targeting so I need to measure or plot the target data. (PS, click on the Video in my signature to see how that is done).
No, playing at full realism with Real Navigation. I'm just talking about the ability to select the target and start feeding data to the man on the TDC, or do you mean manually inputting all your gathered data into the TDC by flipping the switch and directly manipulating all the dials?
AKD is offline   Reply With Quote