View Single Post
Old 10-10-22, 08:56 PM   #1508
Deadmode
Watch

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Ecoute mon amie tu a eu plusieurs indications.. si tu ne sais lire entre les lignes..est blaguer ..c est ton affaire je ne voulais pas t offenser...
puisque ce je jeux est archaïque que fait tu ici...??? qui est la blague ici...retoune a ta console..
maintenant je clos ce sujet stérile..
Interesting. You blame me for not being able to tell from your poor attempt at humour that you were joking and didn't mean to offend.
Then you fixate on the use of the word 'archaic', jump to conclusions about why I used that word and then proceed to use that to try and offend me again. You go from apologetic (but not really) to defensive and abrasive at the flick of a switch. Maybe this is this another 'joke' or rather you do mean to offend and are just someone who likes to gatekeep and belittle those he thinks are below him because he has a working version of a modpack.

About you noticing the word 'archaic'. You noticed that detail but failed to notice that I play other modpacks of SH3 and that I have been a lurking member here since 2019. Stop kneejerking and pay attention to what people are writing and you'll tell I'm no 'console' user who happened to take a wrong turn and finds himself in a strange forum, out of his depth. Hmm, paying attention to what people have written - wasn't that your own advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonci87 View Post
Humor is sometimes very difficult to convey through written text. I think you two guys just misunderstood each other and no disrespect was intended.
No, I think he just likes to attack people and then call it humour, judging by the bait-and-switch of his last comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonci87 View Post
@Deadmode. Nobody can know if you are an experienced user or just a random person who didn´t bother to read the instructions. Believe me, the second category can be observed very often and is usually quite annoying.
Random people or not, this type of warm welcome can only hurt the community. I would recommend that Kal_Maximus_U669 is encouraged not to be the first point-of-contact for newcomers to your forums and have someone with a little more tact be responsible for sounding out their issues and directing them accordingly.

I'm sure you're aware of this, but modding modern games is a breeze compared to getting these old, fragile and fussy games to work reliably. The process is actually very alien to many who only have experience in games from the last decade and the documentation is not as well written as is being touted here, especially when language limitations are also present.
Showing a little more patience to those struggling but showing interest in your games and modpacks would go a long way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9154 View Post
|I responded to you on Onealex discord
Thanks mate. I'll respond to you there. I appreciate the help without the pre-judgment and conclusion-jumping that sounds like the normal precedent here these days.
Deadmode is offline   Reply With Quote