Old 04-23-22, 10:18 AM   #1459
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9154 View Post
I actually decided to go and disprove this theory, in the last month I have only waited like 30 seconds to save after large TC sessions. I also have overwritten old saves and I have yet to notice issues doing that in Onealex mod. As long as you follow those main 7 steps you'll be good to go, waiting 5 whole minutes everytime you want to do a quick save is like wtf seeing that I save every 24hrs of in game time in my patrols. I just simply am not going to wait there at my screen for 5 whole minutes or go do something else while I wait, so as long as you give it 30-60 seconds after high time compression then its good enough. I think someone brought that up in the subsim community ages ago about waiting like 5 mins and everyone just went with it without testing that theory. It could also maybe depend on your pc stats because someone with good gaming pc will have to wait less time to handle all the processes of SH3.
The wait, I believe.. is to give the game/sim... time needed to settle down, after having been ran in high time compression state. So, I feel the waiting 3 to 5 minutes, makes perfect sense... to do before doing your save.

Now, that said... IF... you weren't just coming out of high TC use.. & had done so for some time... then not waiting that long, should be doable, as well.

The main gist of it is... it all comes down to that... high tc.

I do use high tc, & go with the methodology outlined... & have NOT, to date... had any issues with corrupted game saves, following that method.

M. M.