View Single Post
Old 08-11-12, 06:37 PM   #765
DelphiUniverse
中国水兵

Downloads: 125
Uploads: 0

gap,

point 1: Most ramming were done by battleships, battleships have much much stronger hulls than a light and simple destroyer.

point 2: There were extremely few ramming incidents with destroyers. And those who did, had their destroyer badly damaged. Quote "Borie was too badly damaged by the ramming to be salvaged", and btw, the u-boat that the destroyer rammed into, were not critically damaged he-he.

point 3: Only a tiny fraction of all the 1200 uboats during the course of the war was attacked by ramming, insignificant numbers, and most done by heavy ships or scared/suicide merchants.

point 4: What I am talking about are destroyers doing this in 100% of the cases in the game, there is a big, big, BIG difference here.. Ramming is an absolutely last resort attack, and preferably on wooden vessels. You don't attack uboats by ramming and as a primary type of weapon, its silly.

point 5: "Why don't you dive" you say... well, diving may avoid just that, but it doesn't fix the problem, the problem will remain. Just like any other things that you seldom do in the game, there comes a time when you will do these seldom things and when you do, its not going to be working correctly.

And there are times when you can't dive, the game has to work in those situations too, just because something happens rarely doesn't mean it doesn't need to be fixed.

point 6: "How would she depthcharge you if she doesn't try to get on top of you" you say... In a hurry, all I can think of is "IF NOT SUBMERGED, ATTACK WITH GUNS (AVOID PLAYER POSITION), IF SUBMERGED, ATTACK WITH SINKMINES (USE PLAYER POSITION)".. Its a pretty basic and simple mechanism..

Let me just summarise this, the main weapon of a destroyer is not ramming it into a uboat at full spead and then doing heavy damage to itself. The main weapon is to use its damn artillery pieces, fletcher class have 5 of them installed and they will put holes into your uboat, sinking it rapidly. They wont be ramming into you at full speed, trust me. Its a silly naval strategy to do that.

Btw, this probably happens because the game doesn't know any better, it probably thinks that you have dived already and that it doesnt need to consider the risk of crashing into you

Last edited by DelphiUniverse; 08-11-12 at 07:08 PM.
DelphiUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote