View Single Post
Old 09-14-13, 07:03 AM   #64
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
I have just discovered that most of added damage isn't savable if equipment is not compleatlly destroyed(rudders, propelers,etc. )...(FU ubisoft)

Now, can this be solved or everything is futile ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
...and bigger problem, damage level for every individual compartment also isn't savable so only thing you need to do if flooding is detected is to save and reload the game...This is so disappointing.

The problem is ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc file in the save folder...But why damage for diesels,electric engines and batteries is properly saved and for other equipment is not , i really don't have a clue...
I think there's just one simple answer to your questions: either damage values are not read correctly from the savefile or, more likely, they are not stored at all. The same happens with AI units' damage and with their odnance loadouts: exit the game, or move away from them beyond the "SH5 rendered world", and the above values are reset.

Unfortunately there's no way we can fix these flaws. Atm our only chance to see them ironed out, if ever possible, is TDW to address them
gap is offline   Reply With Quote