View Single Post
Old 06-18-21, 06:26 PM   #1313
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
What i wrote is that if anti vaxxers become a majority and abolish vaxxing altogether, this is not a desirable outcome.
Your freedom of dying of covid because it is all a conspiracy or you do not believe in it, is your personal decision and fate, but if you infect others by doing so there may be a problem for others, with your way of thinking and acting.
Your argument fails on the fact that anti-vaxxers are mostly about not being forced to take vaccination. I have never heard any of them advocating that anyone who wants to take a vaccine should be prevented from doing so. Basically you have a strawman argument here. Let's see what else you got.
Quote:
If you talk about "unproven, barely-tested, rushed into production drugs" and so on, you can surely post an example?
Anti-covid vaccines. All of them. None of them even existed a year ago. If that doesn't qualify as "rushed into production" and "barely tested" then you aren't being honest. What studies have been done on long term side effects? Oh that's right, there haven't been any because they haven't been around long enough to provide a result. Except that here and there people keep getting sick with complications. Mostly younger people whose danger from covid is miniscule. I guess they're going to do the full testing for us.
Quote:
Not even the Sputnik vaccine was "untested"
I never said UNtested. RCFTFW dude.

Quote:
Or do you mean hydroxychlor­oquine,
The same drug that has been taken by uncounted millions of people as an anti-malarial with little side effect? That's the one you support preventing people from taking or even talking about it's potential? It certainly is not dangerous for anyone to take if their doctor agrees. Whether it would have been effective as a preventative for covid I guess we'll never know, unless of course our government figures out allow it without risking proving Trump was right. They're getting their noses buried in their hypocrisy right now with their about turn on covids potential lab origins. I imagine there will be more such revelations coming too so maybe it will happen.

Quote:
Trump saying that covid 19 is harmless and will be gone in summer 2020?
Just when did Donald Trump say that Covid was "harmless", and i'm assuming that you mean that he meant harmless to everyone right? Was it before or after he instituted those travel bans?

Quote:
Imho people with the power to decide should maintain a basic knowledge or listen to their advisors, not rejecting science, perpetrating shortsighted populistic bs and killing thousands in the process.
Stop repeating falsehoods. Trump did not delay or hinder our nations anti-covid efforts in any way. In fact it was his initiative that got those vaccine shots out in such record time, not Bidens and certainly not the Democrats completely absorbed trying to destroy his presidency at any cost. Had the present administration been in power last year i'd bet dollars against donuts that our body count would be much, much higher. While Trump was instituting travel bans and appointing task forces the Dems were encouraging people to squeeze into subway cars and to freely move about.

Quote:
Trump was or is not evil, he is just a blithering but dangerous rabble rouser. I have not seen much non-trumpers believing in Qanon. Also Mrs Greene is not the brightest lamp in the political landscape.
You haven't seen much Qanon people period. That's because their numbers are insignificant in a nation of 350 million and what there are of them are not even close to the established, regimented para-military organization that you imagine them to be. All you have seen is hyper exaggerated scare mongering by those who want to treat them as political boogeymen, much like your countries former rulers once used the Jews.

It's an old trick of tyrants to outlaw the opposition. We're seeing it attempted here. Prove me wrong.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.

Last edited by August; 06-19-21 at 11:00 AM.
August is online   Reply With Quote