View Single Post
Old 10-13-19, 05:34 PM   #1588
Randomizer
Watch Officer

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

Thanks for this; made the suggested edits, restored the zone.cfg to its NYGM stock and all works as advertised in a new Type-XXI career. The issue was the necessary edits were not in the Basic.cfg file found in the FuMB37 mod but are present in the FuMB37XXIIINYGM mod, the latter being incompatible with a Type-XXI career and not activated.

You have done great service to the SH3 community with your mods for the game so a public thanks from here is overdue. That and I appreciate your taking the time to offer a fix.

Last question concerns Allied air cover in NYGM3_6F. My last Type-VII career in June 1944 ended badly but not before I managed to sail on the surface from Bergen to Rockall without once having to dive to avoid an air attack and in generally good weather. This new XXI career and 48-hours in with Lerwick bearing NNE about 300km and not a single aircraft has appeared to disturb my surface transit. This despite wonderfully clear late summer conditions on the Norwegian Sea. It's almost like one might expect in September 1939 and not 1944! Should I not be seeing more planes?

PS - I understand that SH3 may have a glitch where TC > x516 causes aircraft to disappear so at no time does TC exceed x256 when I play the game.

PPS - The last mod that overwrites the files in the Campaign folder is NYGM3_6F and I have edited none of those files.

Thanks again for your work and thanks in advance for any insights on where Coastal Command might be hiding.

-C
Randomizer is offline   Reply With Quote