Old 07-24-20, 03:11 AM   #9
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: SH4 & Steam...

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy View Post
OK, my experience with installing SH IV on Windows 10!

1) Download SH IV from Steam;
2) It will be installed for you;
3) C: \> ProgramFiles86> Steam> Steamapps> Common> SH4> data> cfg> maincfg: [Video] = 1920, 1080, 60, 20: save;
4) C: \> ProgramFiles86> Steam> Steamapps> Common> SH4> data> ul: UgradeLauncher.exe (To install patch 1.4);
5) C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific: right click on sh4.exe> ​​properties: Windows xp pack3; optimization etc for screen: tick; program by admin: tick.

You should work very carefull and slowly. It should work now.
At a startup screen I see now that the program at the bottom right shows that it is still version 1.3! Why, I don't understand!
Maybe someone can say something about it?

If someone here is reading this: Can anyone tell me if I can install the extension uboat mission (and thus patch 1.5) now? (So ​​even though v1.3 is indicated in the bottom right!)

Please tell me how it goes...

easy

P.S. Some authors advise NOT to install SH IV in Program Files (86). I still have to study on that ....
With acquiring SH4 through Steam, check your library, as I recall... the 1.5 aka Uboat Missions, should be there, ready to download & install... I bought from Steam a bit back, a 3 in 1 package deal... comprising SH3, SH4 & SH5.

If I am NOT mistaken, you bought SH4 through them, it should be available to d/l & install as I mentioned... it was there for Me. Should see two (2) SH4 listings... Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific & Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific: Uboat Missions.

M. M.

p.s.

Welcome aboard Kaleun...