View Single Post
Old 10-22-19, 12:33 PM   #12591
Niccerman
Swabbie

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipper View Post
Im a bit late to the party, but here goes.

i have just tried to instal TWoS for the first time. I purchased SH5 Gold Edition from Uplay, installed it, verified it works and is patched to 1.2.0

i then installed the mod as per the instructions for the 2.2 readme contained in the mod. All appeared to load fine, however when i tried to launch the game for the first time with TWoS, using the SH5 shortcut on my desktop i get the SH5 gold edition load screen with the loading icon in the bottom left. However this loading screen has been running for about 1 hour now and still the game has not launched. ANy ideas please?

regards

slipper
Hello slipper,
the problems that you are experiencing with the game is most likely due to the recent 'silent patch' that was released for Silent Hunter 5, which seemingly has made TWoS or the Generic Patcher incompatible with the game. And it seems to have impacted most of, if not all Uplay users. I am not sure about Steam users. The disc version seems to run fine for some reason. I do not believe that there is a fix to this issue at the moment, and I can't tell you if there will be a fix - at least any time soon. :/

The problems that most people have run into are crahsing to desktop when loading a savegame or new campaign, Uplay asking for an activation code upon starting the game through the created shortcut or the game not being able to start at all due to being stuck in the loading screen (the problem that you described).
Did you notice if the Generic Patcher only showed 8 patches instead of 9 as descirbed in the instructions? If that is the case (only 8 patches showing) I can pretty much assure you that it is the same problem.

There is a recent thread about the issue that I would suggest that you check out, just in case a solution comes up soon.

Hope you find this helpful!

Last edited by Niccerman; 10-22-19 at 02:57 PM.
Niccerman is offline   Reply With Quote