View Single Post
Old 07-13-08, 03:03 PM   #56
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18
Default campaign

Well, Keltos, I'm not sure what I should do about the Jap campaign. With my limited knowledge it won't be a TM or OM or RSRD so I am a bit undecided as to what I should do.

I thought about a campaign from Penang at first, with one or two other bases, like the US have Midways and Freemantle

I commented before a big problem is things like your subs are German but my Campaign was not.

It is using the german parts, but could be really japanese if we insert one in the roster file?
The problem with it being japanese right now is that it wouldn't be able to use the german ports would it? Or we could change Penang to Japanese too, as they really did sail from there.

I am playing it, it works up 1942, needs more work. And I thought I read a comment in one of your threads that someone was working on a Japanese Campaign????? Do you know?
Will have to check that...

And I don't know anything about the German Campaign. Is it mostly in the southern areas, and toward India? So if I built off of that I would have to add a lot of traffic in the Pearl, Solomons, etc. just like I am not. Some of the files will work ok on either Campaign, some will not.

Do you know if TM or RSRD did also modify the US traffic ? I mean warships and merchant vessels ? maybe we could ask them for the traffic if it is already done ?

I am basically making it like SH4 but using Jap sub and using semi-historical doctrine and attacking mostly Task Forces and some Supply missions.

It look fine to me, I'll try and post more intel on the thread for IJN missions, I found some nice stuff they did in my book "the IJN navy and WWII" which could be of use, unless you already have that book . Semi-historical it is then, beacause we have to take those subs further than what their limited doctrine allowed if we want this to be fun.

But if I make it too historical, it won't be much of a game.

Peabody

I agree wholeheartedly.

I am trying to finish the Jyunsen B now, get that crew on, but although it is in the dat file, teh fourth crewmember never shows ???

The floor and the wheel are too low to my liking as of now, but I don't know how to cut the plancking to the right shape so as to be able to move it higher, which is narrower byw.

Then I'll need better hull textures, I'm happy with the conning tower's as they are.

Keltos

ps then an AI Jyunsen B with lots of people on deck would be cool for the american side wouldn't it?

Peabody

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote