View Single Post
Old 02-18-21, 01:26 PM   #426
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomizer View Post
Having spent hours trying to activate the NYGM flyout compass' in CCoM 12 am at the cusp of giving up. I also tried the GWX flyout compass rose but the NYGM version is easier to read.

If your kind offer of providing the correct Menu_1024_768 entries still holds, my response would be a very grateful "Yes Please".

Thank you in advance.

-C
The compass info is in the menu.ini file in the "NYGM3_F" folder which should be in your mods list. Do a search for "Stiebler" in its menu.ini file and you should get to it.
Starts at G3F I321 through G3F I328. If you've applied any mod with a menu.ini file that overwrites this one you'll have to be sure to use the NYGM one to get what you need.
NOTE: - You can do as he did and add the above blocks to the end of your menu.ini file or insert them directly into the G3F section. Either way, the added G3F blocks will probably need to be renumbered to make it work with the CCOM menu.ini file. Must be in consecutive order from the last G3F block. I.e., if the last G3F block in CCOM is G3F I10, the G3F I321 NYGM block would have to be renumbered to G3F I11 in CCOM and so on for each of the seven NYGM blocks.
With only seven blocks for the compass, easy to do by hand vs a renumbering program.
- Take note also of the necessary .tga files in the blocks. These will also have to be added to CCOM from NYGM if not present.
- This was made to use at the stock 1024 resolution so if you're using a different resolution you'll have to adjust the compasses screen location accordingly. This is not difficult (though does require some trial/error work) and is done via the "Pos" settings line in the blocks.
Hope this helps.