View Single Post
Old 07-13-20, 07:45 PM   #16
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
I don't think anyone expects Joe to finish his term, so his VP needs to be great, but I suspect he will go with a far left woman. Studies showed last time independents and people generally tired of far left PC culture and Dems needed more than an activist platform, but they've moved even further than the left. Trump should have the advantage IMO, but he usually blows that with his tweets. I think the debates will play a role, but I still think Trump will win. The Dems will go down as throwing it away again with a far left culture cancelling radical activist platform.

Depends on whether or not demographic change catches up with it or not. Demographically the US society is changing, from white and conservative to non-white and leftier, there is little that can be done about that. Even then Republicans for this reason sooner or later will "leftify" themselves in order to remain attractive enough to be able to win elections, juts like the Democrats today are already much leftier than they were under let's say Carter. The angry old white people are loosing in numbers against other ethnic-demographic groups, and with them shrinks a voter keygroup of the Reps. Migration to the US today now is mainly from Asia, Latin America, not so much from Europe anymore. China, Mexico, India, Cuba, are the biggest migration groups now, I think.