Old 12-06-19, 11:11 AM   #8213
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I have to agree with Skybird on this.

Yes it's your country, your President and yours rules.

But this case should have been investigated by FBI and the case should have been in the high court.

Markus
Alexander Hamilton's opinion why the Senate ,not the high court, should be involved in the impeachment process.

The Federalist Papers : No. 65

https://avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/fed65.asp

Also, according to congresswoman Maxine Waters: “Impeachment is about whatever the Congress says it is. There is no law that dictates impeachment. What the Constitution says is ‘high crimes and misdemeanors,’ and we define that.” She echoes what Gerald Ford wrote back in 1970. What, then, is an impeachable offense? The only honest answer is that an impeachable offense is whatever a majority of the House of Representatives considers it to be at a given moment in history; conviction results from whatever offense or offenses two-thirds of the other body considers to be sufficiently serious to require removal of the accused from office..." Congressman Gerald Ford, 116 Cong. Rec. H.3113-3114 (April 15, 1970)

Of course nobody likes to talk about that. But impeachment does seem to me to be a highly politicized event than a legal one. Who sets the standards as to what is impeachable and not? The FBI doesn't have written code or law to reveal and guide them in an impeachment investigation. It appears what Waters and Ford said are correct when they say only the congress can define that. Of course Stephen Colbert might have better facts.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 12-06-19 at 04:39 PM.