View Single Post
Old 06-12-15, 12:14 PM   #53
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post
Now open the calculator in Win 8.1 and there you go the most simplest of programs and it takes up the whole screen?!.
I can't speak to that. They've ruined the calculator. I'm sorry to hear that. They've also ruined Media Player by taking out the Advanced Tag Editor function. But that has nothing to do with the OS, except that you can't change to an earlier version. On the other hand someone has made a replacement across-the-board media editor that works just fine.

They've ruined a couple of other things as well, but as I said I have no problems with the basic system.

Quote:
And the start button, it's just another button that takes you back to those tiles.
Not for me. I use Classic Shell, and my computer opens to the same desktop the old one did. The only time I ever see the tiles is if I want to find something I keep hidden on that screen.

Quote:
so I stick to my original statement...it belongs on smartphones and tablets but it's not an OS that belongs on a PC because it's UI, navigating it and design decisions is abismal.
And as I said, for me it works just fine, and looks just like my old XP machine.