Old 12-20-20, 08:45 PM   #8
Front Runner
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 215
Uploads: 0
Default Try zero spread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubba View Post
I've taken those long shot,, using the attack map as of late, and, at 0 degrees and rarely miss, I think your spread of 2.5 degrees at 3000 yrds is your coblerate
embraceentropy - have you tried it with a zero spread?

For a zero angle gyro shot for a target at 90 degrees, using the Mark 18 (29 knots), if the target is approaching from right to left, a Port AOB, your setup should be...
PK OFF
Torpedo spread Zero (No spread)
Speed 9 knots
AOB Port 73
Periscope is at 17 degrees relative bearing. Shoot when target bow crosses 17 degrees and another every 5 seconds...
(Once you set up the shot, you can sweep the periscope, track the target, just be sure to come back to 17 degrees before shooting.)
(Once you set up the shot, the clicking is done, you just wait...)
Range doesn't matter, I use 1,000 to 3,000 yards depending on mods
I also "double click" ALL my inputs, might as well...

If it is a left to right target, Starboard AOB, then your AOB Starboard 73, your Periscope is at 343 degrees relative bearing. Shoot when target bow crosses 343 and another every 5 seconds...
I'm not sure what you mean by a 2.5 degree spread. Are you firing one torp at zero and one torp at 2.5 left? Are you firing both torps at 2.5 left? Please clarify...

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Dave "LeoVampire".

Last edited by Front Runner; 12-20-20 at 09:06 PM.
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote