View Single Post
Old 12-16-20, 09:03 PM   #5
embraceentropy
Seaman

Downloads: 71
Uploads: 0

I backed-up the My Docs folder right after I re-installed. I was able to bring it back to, basically, a fresh install with mods.

I launched a new campaign, stalked my first contact, set up at ~3000 yards, same results as before. I then re-loaded and tried the O'Kane method. The first torpedo was aimed at the front mast and it missed long. The second torpedo was aimed at the aft mast and it hit at the forward mast. While I was excited to hit something again, I was bummed that it didn't workout as planned. Especially considering the videos with folks nailing dead nuts at 8000 yards with a Mk14.

Would there be something else that could be affected by me using a savegame from my old install?

Unless there is a parameter out there that could be screwing me, I think something is messed up in my method. However, what would be the likely culprit to have such consistent misses (20X+) and being able to reduce speed by ~5kts to nail the target every time? How off would AOB have to be cause a miss like that?

The only other thing that has changed was my use of a streamdeck XL as a button box including torpedo door, cycle, & fire buttons. Nothing complicated, just emulating keystrokes with no noticeable lag.

I'm at the end of my rope with this and it is really sucked the fun out of it for me.
embraceentropy is offline   Reply With Quote