View Single Post
Old 06-16-21, 03:31 PM   #157
CaptBongTrillion
Swabbie

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Started playing SH5 again when I saw this thread. The research that has been done to make these methods work in SH5 is incredible, and I'm excited to learn more.

I will ask a couple questions since there have been a few folks who offered to take questions.

In the table in Alpheratz's almanac of arc minute and second corrections to GHA, is my time input to the table also GMT - 1 hour like it is above to determine GHA to the nearest 4 hour increment (since my port of departure is Kiel)?

Also, I think I understand how to do the GHA corrections for minutes and seconds, but say if my time input is 2 hours ahead of the nearest 4 hour GHA increment, does that mean in the table of min/sec corrections, I also need to add the corrections for 60min x 2 in order to account for the extra two hours?

I tried figuring out latitude from a Polaris shot and got within ~5 arc minutes but I was using a time input with an hour that matched one of the 4 hour GHA intervals, so I don't think correcting for the hour was necessary. Of course, this could also have been a happy accident because at this point I'm all enthusiasm and zero skill

Thanks again for the amazing work, navigators.
CaptBongTrillion is offline   Reply With Quote