View Single Post
Old 05-15-12, 09:26 PM   #8
blynch106
Swabbie

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Ok, after looking at those files and playing around with a few things, ive mostly got it figured out. It mainly has to do with the basic.cfg file and modifications to the uboats .dat, .sim, and .cam files. the conning barracks file mainly has to do with the representation of those weapons on the crew management screen and the purchase screen. But i still have a couple issues that werent addressed in those files. So heres what i did, i replicated the creation of a type IID uboat with a forward heavy flak and a rear light flak on the sub base (plus having an additional light flak when using the IID's upgraded conning tower). The problem im having is getting the crew to man the guns when i give the order. it works fine when using the upgraded conning tower with the additional light flak, except that i have to manually place crew into the heavy flak from the crew management screen. but for the version without the tower upgrade, even manually placing the crew in those slots doesnt fill the gunner seats. the light flak gets occupied by 2 crew members somehow (one manning the gun, the other standing right in the middle of it with his arms and legs in a wierd position) and i can only get one crew member to actually man the heavy flak. any advice on what file controls crew member placement? also i cant figure out how to get the purchase screen to work right in the menu choices for swapping out different types of heavy flak upgrades.
blynch106 is offline   Reply With Quote