XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderWaterGamer View Post
Hi

I was thinking that to...

But I started digging up my AOD and CAOD files and I actually found a file in the SIM folder called "Language#" notepad file that contains a lot of info (all the text in the game) and at the top of the file you can find crew texts so I will have to try and change the text to some thing more realistic ( e.g. having the gauges in the engine room )

Has anyone tried this yet?

Happy Hunting!

PS: you can find all the damaged modules in it to, and its pretty detailed!

I think these files are only for Localization of the game and set the messages you see when giving orders, the interface names and when receiving radio messages. These files are installed in your SIM folder during game install and depend on the language you chose when installing (English, French or German; voices will be E or G only). You cannot change language without re-installing the whole thing, but voices can be changed in the CTRL-O menu.

In CAOD I have the files Language.txt, and Language.dll. The *.dll file means it works only in Windows OS, so transfering that in DOS will have no effect.

These files will only change language, alas not the gameplay...You can confirm this by, for example, change the text 'Crash Dive' into 'Mickey Mouse'. Then when playing go in the menu of the Engineer and you should see 'Mickey Mouse' there instead...Not very helpful of course
What is woth to try to 'unlock' a gamepart is: add 'Type XXI' under the other types of the MISSION_EDITOR entries, this could unlock the type XXI u-boat to play in single missions - which is not possible at default. If the game crashes you would have to revert this, also revert if it doesnt' work.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 04-16-19 at 08:20 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote