View Single Post
Old 06-03-20, 01:51 PM   #27
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosomaha View Post
@gap, thank you for offering help. But I don't think it's necessary specifically here. If the problem is only in the shadows on the deck and our don't need to rerender – it's easier to fix it in Photoshop , I've already lightened the spots.
Yes, I have seen your screenshot and the deck looks much better now!

Quote:
You can help later with answers to questions about sh5 modding, which I have accumulated a many). So far I’ll may just ask: what can Softimage do for our piece-production individual SH5 modding, and what can't Autodesk 3ds Max do on its own in 2020? What is the feature or profit of all this manipulation?
Please refer to post #15 in this thread. For devs the advantage of Softimage over Max was that Softimage had better auto-UV and AO baking features. I have never used Max so I can't confirm dev's opinion. For me the advantages of using Softimage are that it has a free version, that I have learned how to use its remdermap generation tool for creating AO maps, and that with the experience learned the quality of my AO maps has become consistent with the ones of stock game.
If you are familiar with Max and you are happy with the AO maps it generates, I see no reason for switching to any other program.

Quote:
Now I have the main question, guys, when making PlatformeGR2 I stopped and think: which way make their direction? The fact that in the old Platforme.dat ordinate axis their provisions were directed in the opposite direction from the main axis, their position is guns looks the opposite and does not match cfg napravleniem cell #, for example, from conventional weapons in the game it matches and where to watch the cell cfg # - to look and gun, and “Platformes” all looks in the opposite direction.

Well. What is the best way to do this - leave their own orientation as before in the opposite direction or turn them and make them like standard guns?

It would be possible to solve this while the assembly is in progress, It makes no difference to me, I can rotate them by turning cfg # in the opposite direction, but then it will probably be important, perhaps in the future they can be used elsewhere.
Maybe I a missing something, but I don't see any Platforme.GR2 in your mod. Isn't your model using stock guns?

In any case, in SH5 all the guns are facing the same direction, and their orientation in game is determined by the rotation of the equipment nodes they are linked to. If you plan to create new guns to be used with you C3-class freighter, my suggestion is to maintain the same orientation as stock guns, so not to create confusion in case the same guns will be used on multiple ships

One last note. I have never seen a ship ensign in front of a funnel. Usually ensigns are found near the stern of a ship, and during navigation they are often flown from the rearmost mast
gap is offline   Reply With Quote