Old 12-26-11, 04:34 AM   #269
sidslotm
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by horzaman View Post
I
1. I was sent to patrol of the cost of Corsica in 1940. I sailed there, spent five days patrolling and saw two Planes that did not see me. Completed my Mission, asked for new orders and patrolled the waters NW of Corsica. Spent 5 days there and again only saw two planes.
Is the shipping meant to be that empty? or is it because i dont have RADAR that i simply didn't spot anything at all?
The aircraft detection systems are the same as in Lurkers other mods and there pretty hot.

2. Did you alter the mechanics for firing torps? It might be because my crew is very green compared to the crew i had in Keltos' T class mod (the one that puts a T Class in the Pacific) but i couldn't hit a stationary merchant man with any fish when he was at port, and i was less than 1400 yards. Brit
Torpedoes only work on a narrow angle, 10% or so, you have to take more care when shooting

I really love the mod. It's so nice to patrol the Med' waters, it feels so different to the pacific. I also encountered an under water sea wall around a harbour for the first time and sea mines, which scared the hell out of me. I don't think i appreciated them at the time but they are excellent features for ports

Also, does anyone know any good hunting grounds early in the war for me to sink some ships? you gotta look, try submerging at night in a likely spot, sonar should pick something up. My favourite area is to the west of Pantelleria, it gets narrow between Tunisia and Sicily, or even the Taranto bay area
try sitting on the bridge with a good book, heh.