View Single Post
Old 10-03-09, 11:26 AM   #50
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
The difference between a 2GB or 4GB kit is about €30,-.
You are talking about 1600HMz DDR3 RAM? If so, link please.

Quote:
You're not gonna loose the house over €30,-, right?
I already lost the house, literally. Like I said, there's a reason for my budget. Help me out here.

Quote:
And it's cheaper in the long run to get 2x2 than 2x1 and another pair later.
You think? Memory prices are always dropping. I figure that by the time I upgrade to 4GB I'll be paying £20 instead of £40.

Quote:
To be honest, I'd be more concerned about that PSU, especially with a dual-GPU card. If money is tight, forget about the memory, just get a decent PSU.
Did you read what I quoted from their site? It's not a 600W peak power output, it's a 600W steady power output. Also, the test I linked on the 4850X2 showed the entire system using less than 400W at it's peak.

Quote:
I'm guessing this is some pre-built system? You'd save a lot of money getting the parts and putting it together yourself. 600,- can go a long way, but not if you are paying someone to stick a few components in a case and put in some screws.
It's not pre-built, it's custom built, but I take your point. I could probably just about manage to put a PC together myself. I have plenty of experience swapping components in and out but no experience in building a PC from scratch. My main concerns with buying seperate components and assembling them myself are 1) I may mismatch components (a good PC supplier won't do that) and 2) I get no warranty that way.