View Single Post
Old 11-21-13, 03:15 PM   #40
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
The game's being released in Q2 2014. That's 4 months away, not 2-5 weeks. The whole point of the alpha testing is to make sure that the game isn't another CloD. And I have to earn my money too. My parents aren't idiots who buy expensive stuff for me out of idiots own pockets.

And I'm sure the 3000 other people who preordered had to earn the money themselves as well.

And TarJak, I don't take kindly to being insulted just for wanting to support a genre I love.
No insult was being directed at you. I wasn't saying that you were gullible although I can see how you make that conclusion. I was commenting on the 1C pricing and marketing and not your activities. I don't see the extra value for the money.

What I said about the video was not directed at your production or editing skills. It was directed at the game graphics. I've seen other videos of the game, where much more time and effort was spent on production and would say the same thing. The game is not all that impressive IMO.
Perhaps I should have been clearer in my comments. Using subsim on my phone as I was at the time means I tend to snap breifer posts off than at my PC.

If you still feel that insulted, then I suggest you put me in your ignore list.

I have a policy of not allowing myself to be upset by anything other people post here. I also have a policy of not apologising for anything that I say here. If anyone has a problem with what I post I'm happy to either argue my case or have the moderators sort it out.

I believe most of us come to Subsim for the fun and community. A part of this community is sometimes reading things you don't agree with or that might be construed as being close to the bone. In life you have to deal with a lot of things that may be uncomfortable and you have to grow a thick enough hide to deal with them.

In online communities, reputation is all you have as currency and I stand by mine and my integrity. I will always be frank and forthright in my comments so expect nothing less from me.

Last edited by TarJak; 11-21-13 at 03:36 PM.
TarJak is offline   Reply With Quote