View Single Post
Old 07-28-12, 04:00 AM   #62
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

Default GWX3_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1.7z

I have now uploaded a typical addon folder (GWX3_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1) for GWX3.0 Gold, which I have tested to ensure that it functions correctly.

However, for copyright reasons, it does NOT contain the patched SH3.exe required in order to operate. You must create this yourself.

Download the folder from here:
http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/GWX...n_for_V16B1.7z

Method:
1. Start with GWX3.
2. Patch your copy of SH3.exe with Hsie's V16B1 patch.
3. Without making ANY changes, then patch your HSIE-SH3.exe with the Stiebler4b_Addon_for_V16B1 patchkit, following its instructions.
4. Place the double-patched copy of SH3.exe into the folder GWX3_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1, next to the new envsim.act file.
5. Install Hsie's folder 'Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)' with
JSGME.
6. Install your unzipped folder GWX3_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1 (containing your new SH3.exe) with JSGME.

(The CAM-SHIP mod will not function.)
(I have used the 'lite' campaign_SCR.mis file in the GWX folder for testing. The only change is to add H.sie VIIF wolf-pack U-boats as units. If you prefer the original full campaign_SCR.mis, then add the VIIF U-boats to the original file, which you should have done already as part of Hsie's folder 'Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)'.)

This will save a lot of trouble for most GWX users. I am aware that there are many mod variants for GWX, and I have no idea whether this simple addon folder will function correctly with the other extra mods. But at least users of GWX variants now have a template folder to study.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote