View Single Post
Old 02-23-15, 01:21 PM   #40
nsomnia
Weps

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Best of luck with UE4! Those videos looked pretty sharp!
Chad see my previous post. Whats your coding skills? C# I assume? The blueprint system in UE4 is SO much more amazing than I first assumed. Someone with no programming experiance could flesh out a basic game using it and a little help from the community/google. Throw in the fact that UE4 allows for basic mesh block-in in the editor and the fact that UE4 is only 19/month I bet we could make a profitable project. If I could find 1 more modeller, one more coder and a artist, I bet selling early access copies on steam could be done within a year (remember I can work 24/7/365 on this plus I'm kind've a jack of all trades as it is).

Something to think about. Id gladly buy you a subscription to UE4 and some courses in a few months once I get my c++ skills up and learn more about UE4 if you were interested and had the time. Especially if I could find more team members. Then just make a private git-hub and good to go.

Microsoft realased a free version of Visual Studio 2013 (soon to be 2015) for teams of less than 5 people too. I'm not sure if your aware of that (I use VS for Unity for on-the-fly debugging and because the ancient version of mono that Unity uses sucks (and the 2011 version of PhysX for that matter) and then I can use plugins like VAssistX which has probly doubled my ability to output code both quantitatively and qualitatively. Also Xaramin (Mono) created a version of mono that lets you do some C# coding for UE4, I'm sure in a few months time it will just get better and better, remember UE4 just came out.

Btw I received the WIP character models from my character designer (I told him to pause work on it for now) will post some videos when I get some time to animate them.

Last edited by nsomnia; 02-23-15 at 01:45 PM.
nsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote