View Single Post
Old 01-10-20, 08:33 PM   #5
Macgregor the Hammer
Chief

Downloads: 535
Uploads: 1
Default The Final Report

First, I want to thank Propbeanie and Theburbster for their help!

I have FotRSU up and running! Took a little bit, but we learn from our mistakes. I'm using Steam and what I tried first was just moving SH4 the C: root drive. Crash. I should have known that Steam has to have a path to the software. I was referred to the document on how to change directories through Steam. It turned out that Steam only allows one directory per drive so I was stuck with Program Files (x86). What I needed was another partition. I didn't have enough room to divide up my Win 7 partition, so I dug into my computer parts box and found an old WD 250gig SATA drive. If I have computer components that work, I keep them. In my box, I have AGP and VESA Local Bus video cards, ancient mobo's and even a 5 1/4" floppy drive, that's how old it is. I installed the HDD and now I have an extra 100gig for games and more importantly, a different drive to install Steam games on. I changed the Steam default drive to G:\Games. Steam installed without a hitch as did FotRSU. JSGME found the mod and I knew it was installed correctly when I saw the nested mods in the FotRSU appear. I converted the executables with LAA and started the sim. I'm still oooooing and aaaaahhhing with the graphics. The mod was well worth the headaches it took to get here. My only concern is that the periscope and any other round shape are kind of oval running at 1920x1080. I've tried other 16:9 ratios and they show the same. Maybe I'll just run in window mode. I would loose a quarter inch on each side, but it would be worth it to have the symmetry.

A hearty Bravo Zulu to the FotRSU team for a unbelievable mod!!!

Macgregor out=====
Macgregor the Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote