View Single Post
Old 03-04-11, 02:13 PM   #58
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 1

Moin,

@M4x1 + urfisch:

Vielen Dank für den netten Empfang. Ob das mit dem SH Modden noch mal was wird, weiß ich nicht. Mein neuer Laptop kennt SH noch nicht mal.

Thanks for your warm welcome. I´m not certain about returning to modding SH. My new laptop does not even know any SH files yet.

@MCHALO12:

For a start you should avoid using SMC (StateMachine Controllers). They are not easy to handle, they are prone to error, and there are very very few crew commands left that are not used by stock SHIII. And those that are/were free have been used by Anvart and me already. At least that´s how it was about 1 year back. There might be lots of other folk using them nowadays in their mods. But be aware that if you pull of this mod, you will be besieged to implement compatibility for every other mod, no matter if you´ve ever heard of it or not.

My suggestion, use as less animated parts as needed to make the crew members appear to be alive to reduce the amount of data. Thus you can create a loop without too many people recognizing it for a loop. A loop will play without a link to SMC. Link them to the immobile version of the diesel. Thus they will disappear when submerging. If you keep the amount of data "low", you could use a "second" crew with different animations, such as holding a mug of coffee, to replace the working crew while submerged.

Regards,
DD
DivingDuck is offline   Reply With Quote