View Single Post
Old 06-21-17, 10:17 AM   #28
Jace11
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 1

The campaign is pretty decent and something a game like DW didn't have. It's random, but I don't like the land attack missions (cause its pretty unrealistic to sail right up to the target) but everything else is fine and feels legit.

Did you notice that if you are spotted on the campaign map by satellites or air assets, the nearby hunter groups make a B-line for you! That's pretty nice...

I agree about the 25 KYD starts being too close, I've looked to see if it can be modded, but it doesn't look like it at the moment.

Enemy evade AI needs some work. Subs just turn and run, some dive to the seafloor and get stuck etc. The turning away from torps often just seals their fate, more lateral evasion and depth changes would be nice, although the Alfa is fast enough that just plain running might be worthwhile. Surface ships evade into landmass, a problem!

The AI aircraft are a bit better after recent patches and the MAD nerf. Explosions in the water (from dead torps, depth charges, hits on targets etc etc) should seriously nerf all sonar detection for a short period, at the moment it doesn't seem to.

Torpedos are lead homing like SAMs at the moment... not sure about that! Lag homing might be more realistic, especially for passives and would make evasion for AI easier I think.

There is no speed of sound above water, you hear explosions at distance instantly. I hope this isn't mirrored underwater, but that's harder to test.