View Single Post
Old 04-11-20, 12:53 PM   #3
OberstWolf
Nub

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default HELP!

Hi, I'm new here. I play SH3 from several years but this time I reinstalled the simulator cause some free time (lockdown) to come back to Uboot missions (after 5 years). And for the first time I really need help to run the game as it deserves.

So, my problem is almost the same of Nefarious, I installed 1.4b SH3 version (retail edition), then I installed GWX3 gold. Run the game with administrator rights and win XP sp3 compatibility mode to assure the run of software.
Now things becomes complicated:

1- I downloaded ARB WIDEGUI 1920X1080 0,3 and hot fix 0,31 and v1.6B1 patch to get fullHD resolution.
I put the files in SH3 installation, rewrited files when asked and applied setupHF.bat for hardcoded fixes, then TychoSh3Patch_v3 (sometimes it can't be installed..)
However everything works fine, 16:9 works and also fixed navigation maps, done the training missions, some exercize to remember commands but SP missions and career don't works! After 20 installations I deleted the dll and dx9 fix for resolution, and now works in original resolution.

But I remember that fix works fine years ago! Maybe is corrupted the file in ARB WIDEGUI? I do something wrong?
I hope in a answer because I really love this game and there's no an universal guide to help people with new computers to run SH3. Cheers.
OberstWolf is offline   Reply With Quote