View Single Post
Old 06-11-17, 02:53 PM   #12
jenrick
Bosun

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0

On the port issue, IIRC correctly from the original RSR, when you docked time basically froze. As you performed actions (reloaded torpedoes for example) the clock advanced. That was what I was expecting, so the way CW handles it was a bit of a shock. I agree that currently it almost seems punitive.

On another note there doesn't appear to be any time lag from having your boat shot out from under you and assigned another one. I was in the middle of a '68 campaign and was tasked with stopping an amphibious landing at Oslo. I had already had multiple engagements and was down to 6 Mk16 and 2 Mk 37's. I tried probably ten times but couldn't get back to port and then make it in time to stop the landing with the way the port time lapse currently works. Out of frustration on try 11, I went after a submarine group just to my north and didn't make it out in once piece. I was assigned a new boat, and was instantly transported to port. I was able to leave port and stop the invasion with plenty of time. I'd think having at least a 24 hour (probably longer, there is a war on after all), delay between abandoning ship and getting a new one would be reasonable for game balance.

-Jenrick
jenrick is offline   Reply With Quote