View Single Post
Old 07-31-19, 11:50 PM   #40
MrMojok69
Loader

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 0

I've been a member here for about fifteen years or more, just haven't posted in a long time and all my old posts got lost somehow. But I came here to talk about this.

It's a really fun game, in my opinion. We must keep in mind that the devs are trying to make a product that is fun and cinematic, to maximize sales, but I think the game is very well-done overall. I'd like to see map-drawing tools, as many have mentioned.

For whatever reason, going back to 688 and Sub Command, I've always had an obsession with killing Alfas. I guess it's the top speed, depth, and titanium hull.

Anyway, tonight I had a hell of a fight with one. I had fired an active-homing torp, and a little behind that, a passive-homing torp. I think I learned that tactic from these very forums years ago. The active one comes in first and bangs away with pings he can hear, he deploys countermeasures and maneuvers, and then the passive one comes in behind and homes in on his cavitation.

Well, he ran up to 43 kts or whatever his top speed is, and then followed an absolutely amazing sequence that lasted about four minutes where I had both these torpedoes right on him, but he was constantly changing depth and course. I still had the wires and would switch from one torp to another, trying to harry him with one while the other ran out and looped around to come in for the kill.

I was cheating by looking in the F3 view and manually controlling the torpedoes, trying to guide them onto him, but it was incredible how many times one passed right over or under his hull. I got him eventually, but I tip my cap to that virtual Soviet sub captain. It was just an absolute thrill.
MrMojok69 is offline   Reply With Quote