Thread: Cyberpunk 2077
View Single Post
Old 12-26-20, 09:08 PM   #9
BungoJungo
Der Kommissar

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

So I had pre-ordered Cyberpunk 2077 on PC via Steam, then cancelled that as I've been really hesitant to pre-order games (outside of the naval/strategy variety!). On the day of release, I purchased the game via gog.com and fired it up.

Right out of the box, there are some display settings that I felt needed tweaking as it looked like a blurry mess. This is on a fairly powerful system with a 2080 Super using the Geforce Experience optimized settings. One example being turning film grain off and changing DLSS to quality. This really helped sharpen the game up, but I had already sunk about 45 mins into the game and it made a pretty poor first impression for me and took away from the immersion. The game itself did remind me a bit of Deus Ex, of which I am a fan, for the short time I played it.

Ultimately, I asked for a refund via gog.com and will most likely pick it up again once it's been patched up a bit. I know very many folks who have been enjoying it on the PC, so I honestly think what you get out of it is up to the individual.

If you do choose to pick it up, get it on the PC, get it on gog.com or Steam and be mindful of the refund policies, and give it a go. I don't think it's a disaster nor do I think it's the best game of all time, but it does look enjoyable.

A bit of polish will go a long way
BungoJungo is offline   Reply With Quote