View Single Post
Old 09-12-20, 10:32 AM   #45
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Hm. I just looked into the game folder, and after having uncanned the campaign missions and moved them to single mission (main game campaigns, USMC, Canada, Germany - the British I cannot uncan, the mod tool fails on the British campaign), I have around 90 missions in that folder now. Plus those missions I can reach by playing the British campaign as it is included.

So, lack of content is not what I can complain about. But as I said, I play ever ym ission as a single mission, I do not care about the campaigns beign campoaigns, whether I play a mission because the campaign reaches it or becasue I picked it as single missions, make sno difference to me in thsi game.

The AIU generlaly spekaing is okay, what irks me is when it fails in doping something. Mainly the route planning and behaviour when coming under fiore is what occaisonalykl makes me yell and curse. The pathfinding is sometimes very dubious and quesitonbable, even if lettign vehcuiles roll slwoly thgrouzgh urban arewa and giving iut plenty of waypoints with little distance between them. They still sometimes stroll off.The running of soldiers is absurd, they run in place and by fra not as much as I wan tthem to hurry when telling them to hurry upo and get cover. Instead they make movements like running, but still just walk by net speed.

I would like to have a tool with tgerrain colopur codin g to quickly detemrien what can be seen from a given psoition, adn what not,m and to what degree a vejhcile is exposed (urret, full ´hull, or fully concealed). The LOS/line of firing tool they have, does not really cut it for me, its handling is grindign things down too moften. This is something that Steel Beasts Pro and Armoured Brigade do better.

That it is called version 2, while such things are not being fixed after one and a half decade - that is what irks me a bit. Nol optiomization for multi core CPUs, I have a systenm that is overkill for this game - and sitll sometikmes have a brief second of stuttering, because it all runs on just one thread - while 12 are available, plus a monsterous GFX card and 32 GB RAM. Thy miss the technological advances of one and a half decade.

Last edited by Skybird; 09-12-20 at 10:46 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote