View Single Post
Old 09-09-20, 02:38 PM   #41
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Actually, i still have SF2. They refused to refund. Steam insists on that I had played more than 2 hours, while I had actually a timer running down to 90 minutes and an alarm at the end, and I am very confident that I had not exceeded the time limitz, and very clearly so.

Well, I wa snot in the mood for endlessly trading emails, and I can afford beign dumped this time, and so I left it to that. Needless to say that I will enver trust their refunding pllciy again and will never test-buy a game again. That way, they have in the long run lost more regarding me and my wallet, than they have gained this time. Small gain. Bigger loss.

Having played three missions in it that I know well form the first game, I fial to see the claimed "biog" changes. There are some small chnages in the OOB of these scenarios, a mssing prtar here, a Fuzchs instead of a Marder reionforcmeen tthere. Changing scenario OOB I do not rate as game engine uodates. Whatever the yhave done to the engione and under the hood, the chnages are so small that they escape the eye in ordinary gameplay. There is the hull down command, whcih works, well , not as you would want it, and I do not use it anymore, only "hunt", as before. The flaws also still are there. And I woudl swear that wheeled and even tacked vehciles get even more easily stuckl at moderate and low speeds but opffroad, than was the case in v1. The infantry A1 still sometiomes acts maybe A, but not I. No visible improvements there.

I stick to it, this is not a visibly new game engine, and it looks and sounds the same (playing German scenarios). For itself, its a good game, and new players ot the series cna be invited fullheartly to it. But there is no justfiication worth any money for owener of the verison 1 game. The differences are too minor.

BTW, Bilge Rat, the app you linked me to when I asked you about unbaking campaigns to get the single missions into the editor, did not work in version 1 of the game, and did not work with the demo of v2, but now with the full version of v2, also the modules cna be loaded and their cmaopaigns unbaked - except the British campaign. The British cannot be loaded into the app, all others can.

Seen that way I gained something, though at a cost.