View Single Post
Old 01-20-22, 06:40 PM   #260
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
In my understanding, 100k on Russian grounds near the border, additional troops sent into Belarus again for "manouvers" near the Ukrianian border, plus navy infantry in sea manouvers of their lfeet in the Black Sea. And reinforcements seem to move everyhwere in Western Russia, all westward of course.

When you lean yourself this far out of the window and all world is watching you, you cannot just cancel the showdown anymore without loosing your face. Russia will attack, in any way. They can no longer move back anymore, me thinks.

At home, this is risky for Putin. Western media say the Russian population is absolutely not in a supporting mood for this war. Whether this is truthful reporting of wishful thinking, I cannot say, of course. A war with the Ukraine is not popular in Russian society, that much I am certain of, however.
For once I hope your wrong-But how interested is Putin in loosing face in front of the world ?

Is Russia like the west/USA ? In USA is it not just important to win the war at the front it is also important to win it on the homefront.

Markus

My little lovely female cat