View Single Post
Old 03-02-08, 10:11 AM   #10
SeaQueen
Naval Royalty

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonar732
Do you think they won't take your suggestions and questions seriously? I've wondered on multiple occasions why you haven't suggested, or contacted, SCS. Your one of the same when it comes to the US Navy...you just don't get paid as much.
I'm sure they take my suggestions seriously. I had from time to time sent bug reports and things. My experience has been that if you make suggestions privately, in a low-key sort of way they're often more frequently heeded and remembered.

As for getting paid less... says who? If that's the case it just adds one more thing to my list of grumblings. I'm am perfectly shameless when it comes to Beltway Banditry. Thank god for the war, because it bought me a house.

Actually... my theory about how military think-tanks arose is that the government needed to keep academics gainfully employed because they realized if they didn't they'd end up with... Leon Trotsky... Fidel Castro... Che Gueverra... i.e. discontent left-leaning intellectuals with automatic rifles. Military think tanks keep the brainiacs vested in the state, thus minimizing the potential for revolution.
SeaQueen is offline   Reply With Quote