View Single Post
Old 05-21-17, 02:23 PM   #2
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

Well U boats fought mainly in the Atlantic While American, Subs fought in the pacific which is a lot bigger than the Atlantic ocean. So American subs had bigger operational range.
In general, German Submarines had a better Underwater range (I think) they were generally smaller but more maneuverable, and could dive faster than American subs. Because German subs were small they had less torpedoes, then American subs. But German submarines could dive way faster and deeper than American subs

Germany had mainly these classes
Type II its small sub only with 3 torpedeo tubes its used for coastal porpuses
Type VII was bigger had a moderate range 8,500 nmi 15,700 km,had 88m deck gun has 4 bow torpdeos tubes .
Type IX these were long range u boats of germany where operational range was about 12000 miles depending on Modification.
Type XXI well this sub hasnt ever seen combat but she had underwater speed of 18knots whats more then double the speed then normal subs. She is a wunderwaffen

everyone has diffrent taste in Submarines just like ice cream flavours. I prefer German U boats.

I don't know much about American subs what I know that they have bigger range more torpedeos slow diving shallow depth comparing to german ones.
American subs had better sensors like radars

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote