Old 09-04-12, 10:46 AM   #47
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by andqui View Post
Great mod!

Can you recommend anything about the distance aircraft are spotted at, per your last comment? I'm currently using your unofficial rocket fix for GWX, which (I believe) adjusts the detection probabilities for the RWR, throwing in some late detection and uncertainty. Is there anything similar that can be done to the visual sensors? You are right in that now, as long as you dive immediately, aircraft aren't really a threat, simply because you always spot them at time. I have never been suddenly ambushed by a plane- I have always been able to detect it early through RWR or lookouts.
Hi andqui,

I´m devoloping a new mod to try to fix it (or at least make it work better). As you said and noticed, in RL it was exactly the opposite. The aircrafts were frequently a dangerous thread because their detection were frequently uncertain and sometimes too late.

The idea is to add a new separate visual sensor for each uboat just to detect planes (anything more than 10m above water). This way the ship detection will stay as it is, untouched (only that the actual visual sensor will only detect at 10m high max now, so no airplane detection at all). This new Visual_airplane sensor to be added will then detect at high levels but at short distance, we will have freedom to adjust it without interfer with anything more. I´m confident that this will work. I will have more info on it in some days ahead.

The RWR sensibility and properties is absolutelly moddable as we want since now.

Also the fix for propellers issue with diesel/engines sounds and that propeller wake that didn´t stop even after propellers destruction is going ok with good results. Let´s see on the next days...