View Single Post
Old 01-29-08, 07:15 PM   #8
sonar732
The Old Man

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urspankd
I have never run pathping before. I am assuming that it is pretty easy and I cant fnd off the link that you provided for me. If not can you give me some tips on what it takes to run this program? I am not computer savvy but do know my way around the computer.

I have been having a few small issues with Vonage, like it dropping calls so maybe I will run the diagnostic on it tonight and see if that might be the issue. I will also hardwire the internet from wall to computer and see if that helps.
Pathping is one of the utilities that are accessed thru the command prompt.

Start
->run
-->cmd

type pathping www.subsim.com and you'll see results. Once the results come up, right click on the top blue section and pull down to edit and then select mark. Go to the upper left of the results and holding down the left button, pull down to the lower right. Right click again in the blue and select copy this time. Post the results here and delete the first ip numbers like I did (notice how they start with '2').

With you using VoIP, NEVER plug your computer directly into a broadband connection without the safety of a router between the two...you're just begging for someone to hack your system this way.
sonar732 is offline   Reply With Quote