View Single Post
Old 09-16-23, 05:40 AM   #4
Fidd
XO

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Personally I agree about the sub-pen, it seems to me a deal of work that ultimately served very little useful purpose. On the other hand, the scope and complexity of the changes made in the game proper are breath-taking, particularly on the engine-side, which greatly exceeded my expectations given the very small dev team. Frankly I'm astounded they've got as much done as they have. I realise that being told this will likely not assuage your frustration at the interval, however, the complexity of the changes and all the inter-relationships between different aspects of the diesel and engine operations, and of the bots sometimes operating them, has meant a truly formidable amount of bugs and unintended side-effects to deal with - and I only came into testing at the very tail end of it. Suffice to say, the content that's gone in since the beta will assuredly surprise and I think please you, and that if you're left with one or two questions, it'll be "How did 3 or so devs get all this done in the time?", and "how is this much new content still included in the original purchase price?".

I'm not sure, how much as a tester one is permitted to talk about, but I believe testing is available to all who apply - though in my case it took 6 months of writing to get approved - but I'd urge you to try, as the nearer the patch gets to release, the more likely it is I think that testers will be taken on board. I do think that as players learn to operate the new engines, there will be 3 weeks of utter mayhem on the lobbies, as captains adjust to the new realities of response-times from human operated engines, and the miscommunications that will inevitably arise. That said, as the player-base and captains shake-down the process, and drills required, the extra players on the boat will really add to the game experience, especially in games such as Frost and Duyfken.

Keep the faith!
Fidd is offline   Reply With Quote