View Single Post
Old 05-25-20, 01:53 AM   #1094
Havan_IronOak
Navy Dude

Downloads: 233
Uploads: 0
Icon14 Just completed my third patrol with the new FOTRSU. Couple of observations

I purposely made this patrol shorter (sort of research as to the medals given out at various levels). This was before I read your post above.

Sank 5 merchant ships for 17,470 tons and when I ended the patrol I got my second Asiatic Pacific Campaign medal. But this time the crew got two medals instead of one so I'm guessing that there's a degree of randomness in crew medals. Other than being an immersive detail, do crew medals actually do anything?

Got offered a new boat this time as well.

While checking out the new boat I noticed a very minor typo in the description text for the Oerlikon 20 mm "the 20-mm preformed well..." should be "the 20-mm performed well..." if you care about such trivialities.

One last observation. I'm guessing that you're already aware of it but in case not, the text in the medals screen is off by one on the mission count. I just finished my third patrol and the text says 4th. The captain's log in my office correctly shows the three. It'd be cool if it were possible to fix this. I'm guessing that it's not & that this is a bug in the base game as I can see folks mention it in 9 year old You-Tube Let's Plays.

Again, not a big deal but I was watching a You-tube replay where the guy mentioned it so I was careful to check this time when I ended my patrol.

Still having a great time with this mod. Thanks again to all involved.
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
NVidia RTX2070 16 Gig

Last edited by Havan_IronOak; 05-25-20 at 09:27 AM.
Havan_IronOak is offline   Reply With Quote