Thread: New Book
View Single Post
Old 02-18-09, 06:11 PM   #3
U812
Sparky

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Nancy I have been working on getting the attention of Hollywood about Don's book for a long while now. Ever since I did the cover for his book and the trailers I have been a firm believer that it would make an excellent movie.

The trouble is with Hollywood these days. They have a narrow scope and are hard pressed to get interested in anything new. Remakes seem to be all the rage.

I am currently making my own film to be viewed on the net in two parts. www.foofightersmovie.com It is my hope that it makes enough money that I can make Of Ice and Steel myself.

I have worked in the film biz for 30 years now. And it is my great desire to make movies about WW2. But this one has to be one of the better stories about the "what if" WW2 subject matter I have ever read. Needless to say it will take a great deal more money to make than Foo Fighters. That's why I have been putting all my effort into Foo fighters first.

My fear has always been, if the Hollywood dummies get hold of Don's great work, they will as nearly always change to be less than it is.

Keep your fingers crossed. This is a movie I just got to see if I have to make it myself!

BTW here's a newer trailer. I made this using movie existing footage and my own CGI effects.

http://crackle.com/c/Movies_and_TV/O...26fu%3d2363400

Steve Neill
U812 is offline   Reply With Quote